Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mao Mao

I cannot believe how I didn't already put this catchy weird song in my blog yet, but here is the song that I listened 20 times a day when I was writing my dissertation on Godard, Mao Mao with the montage sequence from the La Chinoise (one of his best films btw) of Godard. I'm sorry if it stays in your head for days too, but I just cannot resist to put it here.


Bu şarkıyı hala bu bloga koymadığıma inanamıyorum, çünkü kendisini tez yazarken günde en az 20 kere dinlemeden günüm iyi gitmiyordu. Mao Mao Godard'a La Chinoise'ı çekerken ulaşan ve filmde bir montaj sekansta kullandığı akla fazlasıyla yapışan tuhaf bir şarkı. Aklınızdan çıkmazsa beni suçlayabilirsiniz, ama bunu bloga koymamazlık edemezdim kesinlikle.




English translation:

"Vietnam burns and me I spurn Mao Mao

Johnson giggles and me I wiggle Mao Mao

Napalm runs and me I gun Mao Mao

Cities die and me I cry Mao Mao

Whores cry and me I sigh Mao Mao

Chorus:
The rice is mad and me a cad
It's the Little Red Book
That makes it all move
lmperialism lays down the law
Revolution is not a party
The A-bomb is a paper tiger
The masses are the real heroes


The Yanks kill and me I read Mao Mao

The jester is king and me I sing Mao Mao

The bombs go off and me I scoff Mao Mao

Girls run and me I follow Mao Mao

The Russians eat and me I dance Mao Mao

I denounce and I renounce Mao Mao

It's the Little Red Book

That makes it all move. " 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails