Saturday, April 17, 2010

Film Festivaline Hastalık Gölgesi/ Sick at the Film Festival

Bugün çok güzel bir gün olmalıydı, festivalde 2 film izleyecektim, akşam konsere gidecektim, güzel siyah dantel elbisemi giyecektim, tim tim tim.... 

Today has to be just a perfect day, I would have watch 2 films in the festivali would have gone to the concert at night, would have wear my black lace dress, would have, could have, should have....



Ama dünden beri karın ağrısından yerlerde kıvranıyorum. Bu sabah da, 'Erkeksiz Kadınlar'a gitmek yerine, doktora gitmek zorunda kaldım, hem anlaşılan vücuduma normal yumurta yerine devekuşu yumurtası kaçmış (!) hem de idrar yolu enfeksiyonu, müthiş birleşim! Sonuç: Filmlere gitmek yerine, üzüle üzüle battaniyeme sarılıp bütün gün yattım. Boş boş yatmadım ama, bir süredir evde duran 'Kite Runner'ı izledim, zaten karın ağrısı yetiyordu, bir de ona ağla ağla bir hal oldum.

But I have such strong stomachaches since yesterday that instead of 'Women without Men' I had to go to the doctor. It seems that I have ostrich eggs instead of human-ones plus I have ureter infection, great combo! So, instead of going to the festival, I lay down the whole day with my blanket. But I did manage to watch 'The Kite Runner' just to feel better about missing the films, I had the pains already, and I also had to cry my eyes out to the movie. Very good movie though.

Akşam da evde de olsam kramp var konserde de dedim, giydim dantel elbisemi, süper saç-makyaj yaptım, topuklu vintage ayakkabılarımı giydim, Buscopan'ımı da içtim konsere yollandım. Konser dediğim Moskova Çaykovski Senfoni Orkestrası, Teoman konseri değil yani, biletler alındı, bende bir heyecan, ne olursa olsun dedim.  Üstelik konser orkestranın 80. yılı şerefine veriliyor ve 35 yıllık efsanevi şef Vladimir Fedoseyev yönetiyor, boru değil yani. Ama bir ara 50 enstrüman birden en yüksek sesten yükseldi, bana bir sancı girdi, bir an çığlık atıcam sandım, ama tuttum allahtan kendimi.

I figured if my stomach will hurt, it will hurt at home the same as the concert, so I put the dress on, made a beautiful make-up and hair, wore my vintage heels had a buscopan plus and went to the concert anyway. It's Moscow Tchaikovsky Symphony Orchestra after all, not a regular rock concert, and we had the tickets all ready so I said what the heck. But in the middle of the concert, just when all of the 50 instruments hit the high notes, I was hit with such a pain that I would almost shout. I didn't though, so everything is OK:)

Konserle ilgili daha fazla yazacağım, hele bir iyileşeyim, bu arada bugün 'Fotoğraflı Cumalar' da güme gitti, hiç halim yok, borcum olsun. Yarın kendimi iyi hissedersem  Berke Hoca'mın filmine gideceğim, daha önce de yazmıştım en sevdiğim Türk belgeselci diye, zaten festival dışında bir yerden bulunmuyor filmleri. Ama bakalım, yarın nasıl kalktığıma bağlı.

I will write more about the concert later, when I feel better and sorry to miss the 'Photography Fridays' this week, but I just can't bring myself to write such a long post. I have the latest documentary of Berke Bas (also a professor at my uni.), she is my favorite Turkish documentary filmmaker so I'll try to go to it, but depends on how I feel tomorrow of course.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails